Joker

Yeah it's alright

 It was not the tour de force the hype promised  It is the King of Comedy in the DC universe
The Joker has elements of Travis Bickle.  Oh and like the Dark Knight rises, and Watchmen it's interesting to note that there is an uprising waiting in the wings

I did pay to see this, bought it off Amazon. At its release, it was a phenomenon. I can see why people did criticize the film. Its not as quotable as Deadpool, for example, I think Joker succeeded in spite of rather than because of the critics. Before the COVID-19, outbreak there was talk of an incel uprising. I will note the film was popular. It passed the Peru test. I saw a guy dressed as the Joker walking down a set of stairs in Lima.

See my point below

Phoenix is a great actor. Also, he spends a lot of dancing Which makes me wonder did we miss Christopher Walken as the Joker

Bob de Niro. Must be thanking God and his agent that he will be remembered for this and the Irishman

Hey, it's the mum from 6 feet under ( Frances Conroy) She has aged well. She seems to be like Clive Dunn and playing older characters

We see Alfred and Thomas Wayne from the Joker's perspective. Not the beloved characters we know
Also, I liked the way the Joker's wardrobe mirrored the Young Bruce Wayne

So Gotham is a city of Tenements. It is like Glasgow or Lima,

As a co-worker pointed out, it works as a soft reboot of the Batman franchise preparing people for the Batman

I wonder if the Joker was supposed to kill the Dwarf? I did wonder if there would be a kick the Dog moment... Well, in the end, he lived long enough to die a hero








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school