Trainspotting 2

 

I have put off seeing this. My brother has been asking to watch it with me

Yes it is fine. It is a love letter to Edinburgh- It looks beautiful. The Castle, the Old Town, the Hills

We also see the generally unmentioned sauna scene 

Yes we have seen this before. 

Now I am removed by time and distance from the 1990s. There is a reason why I never watched the whole of Trainspotting- I only saw bits and pieces of it. Thing is, these people- Renton, Sickboy, Begbie are not likeable. Yes I get that is the point. They are junkies and petty criminals. There was something about seeing them eulogised by the sons and Daughters of Leith Drs and Accountants 

I note that Diane is now a lawyer- She was protected by class, and money but still able to slum it

I should have emphasied with Renton, having myself been cast adrift on to middle age. His marriage is over- he is about to be made unemployed . But why should I everyone here, is out to screw someone else over for money? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school