Limbo


Season 7 Magnum P.I

 My brother and I watched Limbo. Which should have been the last episode of Magnum P.I (Tom Selleck)

Magnum is killed in a warehouse, having been ambushed. ( The ambush may be something of a ret con)

Selleck wanted to quit Magnum- He had been the first choice to play Indiana Jones.  but good ratings in part due to Frank Sinatra guest starring in Laura, and better writing made the CBS network write Selleck a cheque. I think season 6 is pretty forgettable In contrast  I really have enjoyed season 7. A lot of people like Laura,  which is the episode with Old Blue Eyes which in contrast I find hard going. I note that you can actually buy a copy of Frank Sinatra's Hawaiian shirt from Laura

I would have liked to have seen Sinatra return though 

It is a pity because this episode is a bittersweet classic. From the cold opening with TS fighting for his life and sweating hard in the back streets of Honolulu. Honolulu is the State Capital of a tourist paradise. It is also a colonial city next to a garrison, Season 7 has let us see some of the bugs on Lei flowers

  With Thomas following Jordan Peterson's advice and tidying his room  it reminds one of Quantum leap. TS talks Michelle through a car chase.  I have put off watching Limbo. Like all good thing, I did not want it to end. Alas we will never get a follow up series 

I really enjoyed it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school