Picard Finale




Yes, I was pleased with the start of the series. It was nice to see Jean Luc Picard again. As things went on, I got more and more underwhelmed.

Okay it suffers from 10 episode syndrome. Tie it up in 6 episodes boys

The swearing is unnecessary and the change in tone is strange. In the Ensigns of Command Star trek the next generation showed a man being tortured, as its viewers sat down to fish fingers and chips on a wet Wednesday evening.

It's also silly. People did not say fuck off, before the 1920's. They used the verb but they did not use it as a phrasal. Why is this important because the foul language of the past. Would not shock us. In my life time, I have heard the word bloody go from a medium strength curse word to a mild curiosity.
I understand why Riker played Jazz, and drank lemonade, Why Picard was full of Dixon Hill and Shakespeare You do not what to date your series. Language and pop culture will do that

 As Major Grin on You Tube shows - In Picard we see Seven kicking the corpses of dead Romulans -to make a grand entrance. Something that Starfleet would not have tolerated. See the Siege of AR-558 When Reese dumps his knife before returning to normality.

So I like Rios. He is good. I like Chileans. (Despite the fall of Arica and their claims to Pisco)

Raffi, I am not so sure about. What happens to her now? She was right-She was vindicated. Will she be she  But she is better then the Dr, who murders Maddox

The Troi and Riker episode was well done. It was nice to see those two again. Though this was fan service.

But beyond that, we have so much going on in this series

Picard deals with:

The fallout from the destruction of the Romulan Homeworld.
A Romulan secret society sworn to oppose Android life.
Prejudice against Androids
Picard dealing with his aging, his legacy and his fatal brain condition
An Ancient A.I


I know that Brent Spiner has wished to kill Data off, for a while. I know a lot of people were unhappy about the death scene in Nemesis. I am saddened I would have liked to have seen Data on the bridge for one last time.
Speaking of dying in the last battle with the Romulans. Picard sounds and feels old, and feeble. Patrick Stewart is 79 years old.

It was alright it could have been better

Is this how trek dies not with a bang but with a whimper





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school